Friday, November 23, 2012

How to Clean Power Plug of Laptop AC Adapter / Charger

Usually we use the laptop with an power AC adapter / charger to transport the power or the current. It sounds very simple and ordinary. Like this dell 1525 charger, it's an ordinary laptop adapter. There is nothing wrong with it. I have it under careful protection. However, it strikes recently.

As I search around in Google, I find the cause. It's the dust that has my dell 1525 AC adapter stops working. It's not invisible for me to notice it on the plug. I never imagine that it can have such bad effect to my laptop.

As the website says that the dust covering on a laptop power plug can cause a break in the electrical connection, resulting in intermittent power to the computer. This also means the battery pack is cutting on and off whenever the AC current cuts out due to a problem with the power plug. Cleaning the plug should take only a few minutes, with certain precautionary measures for safety. In stead of a replacement, have the plug of your laptop clean. Or else, your adapter may happen to strike like my dell 1525 power AC adapter.

Before you start to clean, take off the power plug and the adapter assembly from the wall outlet and the laptop. Then use a soft cloth to scrub the plug blades on the laptop power cord with vinegar. Both sides should be cleaned inside and outside of the two blades as well as the edges. Try this action for several times until the plug blades shine. Then wait for it completely dry. That is the whole process. Be sure that the two blades are clean and dry. Now you can re-connect the adapter plug with the wall outlet and the computer. Your laptop can start working smoothly.

Because of my carelessness, I have one more adapter retired ahead of time. I have to pay for another laptop charger. in daily use, it's not the minor factors that leads to the tragedy of our laptop accessory. If we do devote more time to the protection, this situation won't happen. In addition, we can save money for the replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment